Aunt Martha's Macaroni Salad
- 1 lb
- elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
- 3 stalk(s)
- celery, finely chopped
- 1/4 large
- onion, finely chopped
- green, yellow, orange or red bell pepper (i prefer the orange or yellow)
- 1 lb
- large shrimp, cooked, drained and chopped
- if substituting tuna use 2 cans of solid white tuna, chicken, 2 large cans of chicken breast meat
- bottle cap full of cider vinegar (if you like a more robust taste, try adding malt vinegar)
- 2 sprig(s)
- fresh curly parsley, minced
- hellmans mayonnaise
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Aunt Martha's Macaroni Salad
- 1Mix the cooled elbow macaroni, shrimp, onion, bell pepper and parsley together.
Add several large spoonfuls of mayonnaise, vinegar, salt and pepper. Mix well.
You may have to add more mayonnaise as it will be absorbed by the macaroni. Make sure that you add enough as the salad should be moist, but not too creamy.
Re-season to taste as needed. Chill until served.
- 2Note: You will need to add mayonnaise after this sits in the fridge for a length of time as the mayonnaise gets absorbed by the macaroni. You can also add a little more vinegar if needed.