☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 lbitalian mild sausage, bulk-type
3 stalk(s)celery, chopped
1 largeyellow onion, peeled and chopped
1 cfinely chopped carrots
1 pkg(12-14 oz) seasoned bread stuffing cubes
2 cchicken broth (more if needed)
2eggs, lightly beaten
1/2 cchopped fresh parsley
How to Make Traditional Sausage Stuffing for a Crowd
- Preheat oven to 325F. Lightly coat a 13-inch by 9-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook sausage for 5 minutes, breaking it up as it cooks.
- Add the celery, onions and carrots. Cook and stir 5-10 minutes longer, until sausage is no longer pink and vegetables are tender.
- In a large bowl combine the stuffing cubes and sausage mixture. Stir in broth, eggs and parsley; toss to combine.
- Spoon into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and bake 10 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 160°F and top is lightly browned.