Three Bean Baked Beans
Catherine Thompson Floyd
★★★★★ 1 vote5
16 ozbeans in sauce (bush's vegetarian)
16 ozbutter beans
16 ozkidney beans
1/3 cbrown sugar
How to Make Three Bean Baked Beans
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Partially drain butter beans and kidney beans and put in oven safe casserole type dish. Add Vegetarian beans with juice.* Add catsup and brown sugar. Stir completely.
- Bake for approx 1 hour or until hot and bubbly. Serve either hot or cold.
* Bush's beans with brown sugar and spices
- Versions: Add 1 tsp prepared mustard and stir into beans before baking.
Use 3 cans of Pork-n-Beans and top with strips of raw bacon. Bake till hot and bubbly and bacon is crisp along edges. Serve hot or cold.
Use 28 oz can of Bush's vegetarian beans and follow recipe or 3 1-pound cans. Any beans in tomato sauce like pork & beans without meat can be used.
- Some folks like them sweeter, some not as sweet. Use less brown sugar, stir completely and taste and adjust accordingly.