Teacherman's Amish Pickled Eggs and Beets
10eggs, hard boiled
215 ounce jars of sliced beets, juice reserved
1 cwhite sugar
3/4 capple cider vinegar
1/8 tspblack pepper
How to Make Teacherman's Amish Pickled Eggs and Beets
- Boil the eggs, cool and peel.
- Put beets, onion and peeled eggs in a large glass or plastic jar that has a lid
- In medium saucepan, combine sugar, 1 cup beet juice, vinegar, salt, pepper, bay leaves and cloves. Boil, then simmer 10 minutes.
- Pour saucepan contents into jar, screw on lid, and refrigerate at least two days.
- **NOTE: Shake up jar two times a day for even coloring. I refrigerate for FOUR days to have the purple hue permeate the entire egg white. Sometimes I cut the eggs in half right before serving for an added visual pizazz!
**Also, I've boiled fresh beets, reserving that juice, and have had great-if not better-results.