Teacherman's Amish Pickled Eggs and Beets
- eggs, hard boiled
- 15 ounce jars of sliced beets, juice reserved
- onion, chopped
- 1 c
- white sugar
- 3/4 c
- apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp
- 1/8 tsp
- black pepper
- bay leaves
- whole cloves
How to Make Teacherman's Amish Pickled Eggs and Beets
- 1Boil the eggs, cool and peel.
- 2Put beets, onion and peeled eggs in a large glass or plastic jar that has a lid
- 3In medium saucepan, combine sugar, 1 cup beet juice, vinegar, salt, pepper, bay leaves and cloves. Boil, then simmer 10 minutes.
- 4Pour saucepan contents into jar, screw on lid, and refrigerate at least two days.
- 5**NOTE: Shake up jar two times a day for even coloring. I refrigerate for FOUR days to have the purple hue permeate the entire egg white. Sometimes I cut the eggs in half right before serving for an added visual pizazz!
**Also, I've boiled fresh beets, reserving that juice, and have had great-if not better-results.