Stir Fried Barley
1 tsplow sodium chicken base
1/3 conion (diced)
2 clovegarlic (minced)
1 cloveshallots (small diced)
1 mediumred bell pepper (diced)
1 mediumgreen bell pepper (diced)
1 largecarrot (small diced)
2 mediumcelery ribs (small diced)
1/4 colive oil, extra virgin
1 1/2 tspfresh thyme (chopped)
How to Make Stir Fried Barley
- Preheat oven to 350.Prepare stock by combining chicken base with water.
- In a saucepan cook the onion and garlic in a small amount of stock until the onions are translucent.
- Add the barley and the remaining stock. Bring the liquid to a boil and cove the pot lightly.
- Cook in the oven until the barley is tender and all of the liquid has absorbed, about 45 minutes.
- In a medium saucepan, cook the shallots, peppers, carrots and celery in the oil until tender.
- Add the barley and thyme and stir-fry until heated thoroughly.