Steamed Vegetables with Hollandaise Sauce
baby carrots, mushrooms, asparagus or make a fine mixture of all of the above and serve with this simple-to-prepare sauce. Not much time goes into this, and it's delicious. You'll need your blender for this.
Yes, there's a lot of butter in this, so this obviously isn't something you want to eat every day, but for a special meal, go for it!!
- egg yolks at room temperature
- 1/2 tsp
- 1/2 tsp
- dry mustard powder
- 1 Tbsp
- lemon juice (fresh or bottled)
- dash or two of tabasco sauce
- 1 stick
- butter, melted
How to Make Steamed Vegetables with Hollandaise Sauce
- 1In a blender, place the yolks, salt, mustard, lemon juice, and tabasco.
- 2Blend for about 5 seconds. Then, while blender is turned on, pour in the butter, which should be good and hot. (the temperature of the butter is the secret to this — make it very hot, taking care not to let it burn, and the hollandaise will thicken right away).
- 3Heat sauce for a minute in the microwave or in a pan on the stove top. If you heat it on top of the stove, stir it constantly so that it doesn't burn.
Pour over top of vegetables and/or the meat you might be serving with this. (The best thing, in my opinion, is to serve the sauce on the side in a bowl with a spoon. Let each person spoon however much they would like to have over their vegetables.)