Spicy Garlic Mushrooms
J. White Harris
- 8 oz
- mushrooms, cleaned and left whole
- 4 clove
- garlic, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil and a little butter
- 1 tsp
- 1 tsp
- pinch of grated nutmeg
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- fresh chopped oregano, marjoram, mint, basil, or parsley
How to Make Spicy Garlic Mushrooms
- 1Put the mushrooms into a saucepan with the garlic, spices, olive oil, and butter. Cook covered over high heat for about 10 minutes, shaking the pan occasionally, allowing the liquid to froth up.
- 2Once the mushrooms begin to caramelize, remove the lid and cook for another 4-5 minutes, until some of the liquid has evaporated. Season to taste.
- 3Spoon the mushrooms into a bowl and toss in a blend of fresh herbs. Serve hot or cold with lemon wedges.