Rum and Coke Baked Black Beans
Lisa 'Gayle' Goff
5 1/2 cdrained canned black beans
1/2 lbchorizo sausage, coarsly diced
2 Tbspminced garlic
1 mediumcarrot, peeled and diced fine
1/2 cdark rum
1/2 ccola (coke)
2-3 cchicken stock
·salt and pepper to taste
1/4 cchopped cilantro
How to Make Rum and Coke Baked Black Beans
- preheat oven to 300 degrees
- In a saute pan over med-high heat saute the chorizo until it's brown and fat is rendered (about 5 minutes
- remove chorizo from pan and pour off all but 3 Tablespoons of fat, add onions, garlic, carrot to pan and sweat until onions are translucent and tender (about 4 minutes)
- in a mixing bowl combine chorizo, onion mixture, rum, honey, cola. season to taste with salt and pepper and add beans.
- Pour mixture into a baking dish, add 2 cups stock and cover
- Bake 20 minutes, check to see if mixture is dry, add stock if needed, continue cooking covered for 25 more minutes.
- Uncover and bake 15 more minutes, remove from oven fold in cilantro and serve immmediately.