★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 lbdry pinto beans
1 smallyellow onion, chopped
2 Tbspchipotle pepper, minced
1 can(s)diced tomatoes, drained
2 clovegarlic, smashed
1 tspchili powder
2 pkggoya seasoning without annatto
How to Make Pinto Beans
- Place beans in a large dutch oven and cover with water. Cover pot and soak beans overnight.
- Discard water and rinse beans.
- Return beans to pot and add remaining ingredients. Add enough water to cover everything.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer,cover and cook for 1 1/2 - 2 hours or until beans are tender.
- Use a large spoon or potato masher to mash some of the beans, this will help to thicken the beans.
- I added a few drops of "Mega Death" hot sauce and it was very spicy. Feel free to use your own discretion as to how hot you want it. Some people might not like the heat from the chipotle peppers but they add a wonderful smokey flavor.