New York Pushcart Onions (For Hot Dogs)
This New York treat is a must try. We hope you will enjoy your hot dog with this lovely condiment.
You can play with this recipe to suit your taste. Add more or less sugar, maybe a little more hot sauce, etc."
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 onions, sliced into 1/4-inch thick rings
- 1/2 green bell pepper, thinly sliced (optional)
- 1/4 cup ketchup, or more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon white sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon
- 1 cup water
How to Make New York Pushcart Onions (For Hot Dogs)
- 1Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat; cook and stir onions and green bell pepper until onions are slightly browned and soft, 8 to 12 minutes.
- 2Mix in ketchup, sugar, chili powder, hot pepper sauce, and cinnamon until thoroughly combined.
- 3Pour in water, bring mixture to a boil, and simmer uncovered until onions are tender, about 10 more minutes.
- 4Serve with your favorite hot dog.