Kofta Balls (Baked)
2 cgrated cauliflower
2 cgrated cabbage
1 1/2 cspelt flour (white)
1 tspsea salt
1/2 tsphing (asafetida)
1 tspgaram masala
1 tspground cumin
1/2 tspcoriander powder
1 pinchcayenne pepper
1 jar(s)tomato sauce (or your favourite spaghetti sauce)
How to Make Kofta Balls (Baked)
- Preheat your oven to 400'F.
- Coat a 9x13 inch oven proof dish or pan with 2 tbsp. olive oil so all of it is well covered. If you want to use more then do, these balls will definitely stick to the bottom of the pan. It's happened to me every time.
- Grate the cauliflower and cabbage. I used my food processor and it saved a lot of time.
- Put all the other ingredients except the olive oil in a large bowl and add the grated cauliflower and cabbage. Mix until well combined
- Let the mixture sit in the bowl for 20-30 minutes so the moisture from the cabbage and cauliflower can go into the flour. This will create a sticky mixture which is quite easy to roll into balls.
- Form into 1" balls. Place the balls into the oiled casserole dish. Drizzle the balls with more olive oil and bake for 20 minutes or until the balls are a golden shade.
- Let them cool for a few minutes and then using a flexible spatula remove the balls into another dish that you have covered the bottom with 1/2 the jar of tomato sauce. I used a home made sauce I made, but jar sauce is also good here.
- Put the Kofta Balls on top of the tomato sauce then put the other half of the sauce on top of the balls and put in the fridge for a few hours to over night to let the tomato sauce absorb into the Kofta Balls.
- These can be reheated in the microwave for a few minutes if you like.