How To Make Hard Boiled Eggs
How to Make How To Make Hard Boiled Eggs
- 1Get yourself a pot that will comfortably hold all the eggs you wish to cook.
- 2I used a dozen eggs so I used a large sauce pan.
- 3Fill the saucepan with cold water and set the eggs in, making sure you cover them at least with an inch of water. They should be in a single layer, never crowd the eggs.
- 4Cover the pot and bring to a gentle boil on medium heat. Keep an eye on them, you don't want them to be rolling around in the pot. They get rubbery if they boil.
- 5As soon as the pot comes to a boil remove from the heat and let them sit.
For Large SOFT cooked eggs: Let stand in the hot water for 1 to 4 minutes.
For Large HARD cooked eggs: Let stand in the hot water for 15-17 minutes.
When they are done setting up drain the hot water and immediately cover with cold ice water.
For the SOFT cooked eggs: Let sit in the cold water until cool enough to handle, peel and serve.
For the HARD cooked eggs: Let sit in the cold water until complete cold...then use as needed.
- 6TIPS: NEVER boil your eggs, it makes them rubbery.
Use older eggs, they peel better
If you want to keep the eggs from cracking while boiling before putting them in the water, pierce the large end with a needle, which also makes them easier to peel.
- 7Use in all sorts of recipes, salads, Deviled eggs etc.