Herbed Couscous and Pine Nuts
Geoffry Le Cher
1 1/4 clow sodium chicken broth
1 cisraeli couscous
2 Tbspitalian parsley
2 Tbsppine nuts
4 Tbspunsalted butter
1/2 cfinely chopped shallots
13” cinnamon stick
3turkish bay leaves
How to Make Herbed Couscous and Pine Nuts
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt 2 tsp of butter. Add pine nuts and sauté until nuts are fragrant and brown (3 minutes). Remove from heat and allow nuts to cool on a paper towel.
- In the same saucepan add the last 2 tbs of butter and melt over medium heat and add shallots and sweat 2 minutes.
- Raise heat to medium high and add couscous, bay leaves and cinnamon stick, stirring constantly. Brown couscous 5 minutes and then chicken broth.
- Raise heat to high and bring mixture to boil. When at a boil, reduce the heat to simmer and cover. Cook 10-15 minutes or until couscous is tender.
- Before service, removed cinnamon stick and bay leaves and fold in parsley and toasted pine nuts.