1 conion. chopped
1 cbutter or margarine ( i like to use margarine because it doesn't burn as easily as butter)
6 csoft bread, cubed or just torn
6 crice krispies
1 1/2 tsppoultry seasoning
1/2 cchicken broth ( you can use canned broth or homemade broth from the turkey giblets)
·salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Fluffy Stuffing
- tear up or cube the bread. You can use white, whole wheat or a mix. Pour the 6 cups into a large bowl add the 6 cups of Rice Krispies. Toss together.
- cook onion in butter or margarine until golden and onions are clear. Add poultry seasoning to this a stir.
- Pour over rice Krispies and bread cubes. Mix well.
- Place the mixture in a baking dish. Drizzle the broth over the mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes ( cover if desired soft and uncover for crunchy)
- GIBLET BROTH: Boil the neck, liver, and other things stuffed in the turkey when bought. Simmer for about 1 hour. Use 1/2 cup of broth for the stuffing. Discard the rest.