FESTIVE CRANBERRY AND NUT STUFFING
I pinched this recipe from Sobey's supermarket flyer
★★★★★ 1 vote5
2 Tbspunsalted butter
1 cdiced, sweet onion (vidalia, for instance)
1small acorn squash, peeled and diced
2garlic cloves, minced
1 Tbspdried savory leaves
1 Tbspchopped, fresh thyme
·salt and pepper to taste
1loaf day-old french bread
1 croasted, deluxe, mixed nuts, 50% cashews. chopped
1 cdried and sweetened cranberries
1/2 cchopped fresh parsley
1 can(s)cranberry sauce
1 1/2 cchicken broth - 35% less sodium
How to Make FESTIVE CRANBERRY AND NUT STUFFING
- Preheat oven to 350F (180C).
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Saute onion, squash and garlic until softened, 7 to 8 mins.
- Stir in savory and thyme and season to taste with salt and pepper. Let cool.
- In a large bowl combine bread cubes, nuts, dried cranberries, parsley and squash mixture.
- In another bowl, whisk together eggs, cranberry sauce, and broth.
- Pour over bread mixture. Season and gently toss.
- Transfer to a greased baking dish and bake until top is golden brown, about 40 mins.
- Remove from oven and serve with your fowl or roast dish.
- WISHING YOU AND YOUR FAMILY A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS AND PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR.