Dressed Polenta (soft)
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 1/4 cboiling water
1 1/4 cwhole milk
3 cpolenta flour (white or yellow)
1/2 cbutter, melted
1 cgrated asiago or other cheese
2/3 cricotta cheese
How to Make Dressed Polenta (soft)
- Add water, milk & salt to large heavy pan over high heat and bring to boil, stirring to dissolve salt.
- Sprinkle polenta flour into boiling liquid slowly with one hand while whisking constantly with the other. Do NOT add all at once or you will have a sticky lump.
- When all polenta flour has been whisked in, reduce heat to medium low (slow bubbling).
- For the first 20 minutes, stir every 7 - 10 minutes-ish with strong, long handled spoon. Be careful of hot bursting polenta bubbles (hence the long-handled spoon).
At 30 minutes, start stirring constantly until polenta comes away from sides of pan, but is not stiff, about 15 minutes more (total 45 min cook time).
- Stir melted butter into into hot polenta. Divide grated cheese and ricotta evenly among four bowls, pour buttered polenta on top and serve immediately.
- NOTE about gluten free:
Corn (from which polenta is ground), and milk are gluten free, but some milk products (i.e. cheese) MAY have glutenous additives, so be sure to check ingredients lists before using.