Cranberry-Hazelnut & Oyster Stuffing
- 4 Tbsp
- unsalted butter
- 1 large
- yellow onion, chopped
- ribs celery, diced
- 2 clove
- garlic, minced
- 24 small
- jarred oysters drained-reserve liquor)
- 5 c
- soft bread cubes (day old)
- 2 c
- dried cranberries
- 1 1/2 c
- chopped hazelnuts (toasted)
- 2 Tbsp
- fresh thyme leaves (or 2 teaspoons dried)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 c
- chicken broth (more or less, depending on moistness desired)
How to Make Cranberry-Hazelnut & Oyster Stuffing
- 1Preheat oven to 350F. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion, celery and garlic; saute until softened, about 12 minutes.
- 2Add oysters and the liquor. Simmer until oysters plump, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- 3Toss bread cubes, cranberries, hazelnuts and thyme together in a large mixing bowl. Add oyster mixture, stirring gently. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 4Add chicken broth as needed for desired moistness.
- 5Place in a large baking pan (one of those disposable foil turkey pans works); cover with foil and bake for 40 minutes. (or use to stuff a turkey).