Cheese Phyllo Pie (Tyropita )
How to Make Cheese Phyllo Pie (Tyropita )
- 1Butter a 9 x 13-inch baking dish.
- 2Combine feta, cottage cheese, salt and eggs. Mix well.
- 3Take half of the phyllo sheets from package and cover the rest. Center 1 sheet in baking dish and brush quickly with melted butter. Repeat with remaining half of sheets. The sheets will extend over the sides of the dish.
- 4Spoon in the cheese mixture and spread evenly on sheets. Fold the overhanging sides and ends over the filling.
- 5Top with remaining sheets, as above, brushing each with butter. Tuck sides and ends inside dish to seal in the filling.
- 6Refrigerate 1 hour.
- 7Preheat oven to 325°F.
- 8With a sharp knife, score top of pie into 4 strips lengthwise and then crosswise.
- 9Bake until crisp and golden, about 1 hour. Remove from oven and let stand 10 minutes.
- 10Cut through scored lines and serve.