How to Make Baked Cabbage
- 1Carefully, using a long, sharp knife, cut the cabbage into quarters and remove the core. Place wedges in a large, foil-lined baking dish.
- 2Place the sliced onion and minced garlic over the cabbage.
- 3Sprinkle with black pepper.
- 4Dot with butter or margarine. I use 2 or 3 tablespoons, depending on the size of the cabbage.
- 5Add pieces of raw bacon (as much as you prefer) on top of the cabbage. This will add a wonderful flavor.
- 6Don't add salt to this before cooking. It will draw out the moisture in the cabbage. You can add kosher salt (or any of Mrs Dash's Blends that you want) after it is cooked.
- 7Wrap tightly in heavy duty aluminum foil.
- 8Bake for @ 30 minutes to an hour at 350 deg F, again, depending on the size of the cabbage. I don't like mine mushy but you can cook it to suit your taste.
- 9WARNING: Be very careful when you open this....the steam that escapes will burn you.