Aunt Kathy's Squashy Applesauce
I swapped out butter for evoo, and the brown sugar for agave syrup to make it a little 'healthier'.
My kids call it "Squashy Applesauce" and it is delicious served as a side to any main meat course.
- 1 medium
- butternut squash
- 3 large
- apples, empire or jonathan
- 1 tsp
- cinnamon, ground
- 1/4 tsp
- 1/8 c
- agave syrup
- 4 Tbsp
- extra virgin olive oil
How to Make Aunt Kathy's Squashy Applesauce
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Half, seed, peel, and cut squash into cubes. Peel, core and slice apples into chunks as well.
- 2Take 1 Tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil and rub on inside of a large casserole dish.
- 3In a large mixing bowl add the prepared squash, apples, spices, agave, and remaining olive oil. Toss to coat lightly and then spread out in casserole dish.
- 4Cover tightly with tin foil and bake at 350 for 45 minutes or until squash and apples are tender.
Serve as a side with roasted poultry, pork, or meatloaf.