Americanized Egg Rolls
2 lblean hamburger meat, browned
1small red cabbage, sliced and diced
1yellow onion, sliced and diced
1 cgrated carrots
2zucchini, sliced and diced
2yellow squash, sliced and diced
·(note: packaged broccoli claw slaw mix can be substituted for the zucchini and squash, just chop up cole slaw mixture a little before stir frying.)
2 pkgegg roll wrappers
·vegetable oil for frying
How to Make Americanized Egg Rolls
- Brown hamburger meat, set aside.
- Slice and dice all vegetables and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Stir fry vegetables in a large frying pan or wok, seasoning with soy sauce and garlic powder. Pour mixture into a large collander to drain.
- Place vegetables into a large mixing bowl and stir in hamburger meat.
- Using a large spoon, put one spoonful of mixture onto to egg roll wrappers then wrap up envelope style. Using a pastry brush and water, brush the seams of the egg rolls to seal.
- Fry in hot oil. When done, transfer egg rolls to wire racks over paper towels to drain and cool. Serve with soy sauce and sweet & sour sauce, stir fried rice and vegetables for sides.
- Special Note... I will also post my recipe for Sweet & Sour Sauce. We NEVER make these egg rolls without it! Again, homemade... so much better than store-bought!