The ingredients can be adjusted depending on how much someone takes as his/her helping. I can eat a half of bowl in one sitting. LOL.
How to Make Mandarin Salad
- Dump the cottage cheese into a mixing bowl. Sprinkle half-box (small box) of dry gelatin. Stir to blend well.
- Drain, (reserve juice) a small can of mandarin orange segments and add this to the cottage cheese & gelatin. Stirring well to mix.
- Fold in an 8 oz. container of Cool Whip. Blend well.
- Taste it - if grainy add some of the reserved mandarin orange juice (adding a tablespoon at a time.)
- Cover and refrigerate for about 3 hours prior to serving as a chilled side dish.