- cooking apples ( i use red delicious, it makes a great crisp tasting applesauce ) peeled, cored and chopped
- 1/2 c
- 1 Tbsp
- juice of 1/2 of a lemon
- 1 tsp
- vanilla extract
- use whatever cooking apple is your favorite
How to Make Fresh Applesauce
- 1Place apples in a 5 qt pot. Add sugar, cinnamon, lemon juice and vanilla. Add just enough water to cover half of the apples. ( to prevent a watery sauce )
- 2Bring apples to boiling, reduce heat to simmer until apples are soft.
- 3Hand blend or mash apples to desired consistancy. Serve warm or cold.