1/2 csolid vegetable shortening
1/2 c(1 stick ) butter or margarine softenes
3/4 ccocoa powder
1 tspclear vanilla extract
4 cpowdered sugar (1 lb) sifted
3-4 Tbspmilk, whole
How to Make Wilton's Chocolate Buttercream Icing
- Stiff consistency In large bowl cream shortening and butter with mixer.
- Add cocoa and vanilla.
- Gradually add sugar one cup at a time. beating well on med speed.Scrape sides amd bottom of bowl often
- When sugar is all in icing will appear dry add milk beat on med speed until light and fluffy
- Keep bowl covered with damp cloth until ready to use.
- For beat results keep icing bowl in fridge when not in use.
- Refrifgerate up to two weeks in air tight container. Rewhip before using.
- Chocolate Mocha Icing- Substitute cold brewed stronge coffee for milkin Chocolate Buttercream Icing
- Dark Chocolate Icing- Add an additional 1/4 cup coca and 1 more Tbsp milk to Choloate Butercream Icing
- For thin (spreading ) Consistency Add 3-4 Tbsp corn syrup, water or milk.