How to Make Wilton's Buttercream Icing
- In large bowl ,cream butter and shortening with mixer.
- Add vanilla.
- Gradully add powder sugar one cup at a time.Beat well on med speed. Scrape bottom of bowl often
- When sugar has been mixed in icing will appear dry.
- Add milk.beat on med speed until icing is light and fluffy.
- Keep bowl covered with damp cloth until ready to use. For best results keep bowl in fridge when not in use.
- refirdgerate in air tight container for up to two weeks. rewhip before icing.
- For thin (spreading) consistency icing sdd 2 tablespoons light corn syrup, water or milk.
- For pure white Icing(stiff consistency)omit butter sub with 1/2 cup shortening for butterand add 1/2 tsp No-Color butter flavor,add up to 4 tbsp light corn syrup water or milk to thin for icing cakes.