How to Make Wilton's Buttercream Icing
- 1In large bowl ,cream butter and shortening with mixer.
- 2Add vanilla.
- 3Gradully add powder sugar one cup at a time.Beat well on med speed. Scrape bottom of bowl often
- 4When sugar has been mixed in icing will appear dry.
- 5Add milk.beat on med speed until icing is light and fluffy.
- 6Keep bowl covered with damp cloth until ready to use. For best results keep bowl in fridge when not in use.
- 7refirdgerate in air tight container for up to two weeks. rewhip before icing.
- 8For thin (spreading) consistency icing sdd 2 tablespoons light corn syrup, water or milk.
- 9For pure white Icing(stiff consistency)omit butter sub with 1/2 cup shortening for butterand add 1/2 tsp No-Color butter flavor,add up to 4 tbsp light corn syrup water or milk to thin for icing cakes.