How to Make Homemade Ricotta Cheese
- 1In a non-reactive pot heat the milk and salt on medium heat, stirring constantly, until the milk reaches 180 degrees.
- 2Remove the milk from heat when it reaches 180.
- 3Pour in lemon juice slowly and gently stir.
- 4Let set for 5 minutes. After the curds should have separated from the whey. If the curds have not separated, keep adding a teaspoon of lemon juice and waiting for 5 minutes until they have.
- 5Let the curds set for 40 minutes.
- 6Line the strainer with your cheese cloth. Pour the curds and whey into the strainer to separate. Once drained, the whey can be used in cakes and baking, the curds is your Ricotta!
- 7Store the Ricotta in jars in the fridge for up to a week. Enjoy!