☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1log soft goat cheese (3.5 to 5 oz size package)
1 1/4 colive oil
2 clovegarlic, minced
1/3 cjulienned sun-dried tomatoes in oil
1/8 cfresh basil, minced
2 Tbspfresh oregano leaves
2 Tbsptoasted pine nuts
How to Make Goat Cheese in a Jar (Gift)
- Slice goat cheese log into 1/2-inch thick "coins".
- In a sterilized 10-12 ounce jar with tight fitting lid, pour enough oil to cover bottom of jar.
- Place a goat cheese "coin" into the jar. Sprinkle in some of the garlic, the sun-dried tomatoes, the herbs and the pine nuts. Cover with oil and repeat the process in layers until the jar is full to within 1/2 inch of the top, making sure that all is covered with the oil.
- Seal with lid and refrigerate for a day to marinate.
- To serve, spoon out a portion of the cheese and drizzle with some of the oil and herbs. Use to spread on crackers.
- It will keep for 10 days to two weeks in the refrigerator.