I promise to post a picture of the finished product next time I make it!
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 2 medium
- 1/2 c
- each, pitted kalamata and green olives
- 1 large
- onion, chopped
- sun-dried tomatoes, (packed in olive oil) minced
- 1/2 c
- tomato paste
- 1 c
- tomato sauce
- anchovy filets
- 2 Tbsp
- handful of chopped parsley
- oregano, salt, pepper
How to Make Caponata
- 1Roast the eggplant on foil in 350° oven for half hour. Cool to touch and cut into small cubes.
- 2Saute’ onion and garlic. Add eggplant to onions and garlic and cook to blend.
Add sun-dried tomatoes, tomato paste, tomato sauce, and anchovies. Cook to blend.
- 3Add the capers, parsley and olives to onion/eggplant mix. Season with oregano, salt and pepper.
- 4This is best if prepared one day in advance. Bring to room temp before serving. Spread on bread or crackers. It’s also a great pasta sauce…toss in some penne.