Cajun Ranch Walnut Cheese Ball
16 ozcream cheese, regular
2 csharp cheddar cheese, shredded
1 pkg1-oz ranch salad dressing & seasoning mix
1-2 tspcajun seasoning
1/2 bunchgreen onion
4 ozwalnut pieces
How to Make Cajun Ranch Walnut Cheese Ball
- Slice green onions into thin rounds.
- In a large bowl, add cheeses, seasonings (this can get salty, depending on which seasoning packet/Cajun seasoning blend you’re using—if you’re salt sensitive, be sure to use a low-sodium product or make your own) & green onions. Using a hand mixer, mix until well-combined.
- Turn cheese mix out onto cling wrap; form into a ball. Wrap with the cling wrap and place in refrigerator.
- Place walnut pieces (add a shake or two of Cajun seasoning, if desired) in large ziplock bag and gently crush into tiny bits with a rolling pin or meat mallet; spread out on a cookie sheet.
- Unwrap cheese ball, then roll in walnut bits until the outside is coated with nuts. Rewrap in cling wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Use spread on crackers, vegetables (celery is a family favorite), pretzels, etc.