BASIL AND TOMATO CREAM SPREAD - AUFSTRICH
Photo: J. McGavin
- 8 oz
- cream cheese, softened
- 2 Tbsp
- plain yogurt
- 1 Tbsp
- heavy cream or milk
- 1 c
- loosely packed basil leaves, chopped
- dried tomatoes in oil, chopped very fine
- 1 Tbsp
- reserved oil from tomatoes
- 1/4 c
- pine nuts, roasted and cooled
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Make BASIL AND TOMATO CREAM SPREAD - AUFSTRICH
- 1In a medium-sized bowl, combine the cream cheese, yogurt, and cream or milk. Add the chopped tomatoes, reserved oil, chopped basil, and salt and pepper. Fold in the roasted pine nuts.
- 2NOTE: Add only as much oil as needed to achieve a good spreading consistency.
- 3NOTE: To roast pine nuts, place in a single layer in a skillet over medium heat. Shake frequently to prevent burning, until golden brown and fragrant--about 4 minutes.