Banana-Nut Bread Butter
How to Make Banana-Nut Bread Butter
- 1Mix prepared banana with lemon juice, cinnamon, nutmeg and nuts.
- 2Measure out 3 cups of mixture into 6 or 8 quart saucepot. Stir in pectin. Add 1/2 teaspoon butter or margarine to reduce foaming if desired.
- 3Bring mixture to a full rolling boil on high heat constantly.
- 4Stir in sugar quickly. Return to full rolling boil exactly 1 minute stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Skim off any foam with meatl spoon.
- 5Ladle into prepared jars filling to 1/8 inch of tops. Wipe jar rims and threads. Cover with flat lids; then screw bands tightly.