Amish Egg Cheese
How to Make Amish Egg Cheese
- Heat fresh milk to the boiling point.
- Beat eggs until lemon colored.
Add buttermilk or sour milk, salt and sugar.
Beat just until mixed, then pour slowly into the hot fresh milk.
Cover and let set for 5 minutes.
- Stir mixture until curds and whey separate.
With slotted spoon lift the curds into a mold with drainage holes on the bottom.
- Layer the curds into the mold lightly to prevent the cheese from packing heavily together.
- when thoroughly cooled the cheese can be sliced out of the container or unmolded onto a dish and served as a spread for bread.