How to Make Roasted Garlic Spread
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Put whole head, root-end down, in a shallow baking dish.
Or try the quick way=(Hint: microwave for 12-15 seconds (according the size) until garlic whistles but doesn't burst, then remove )
Practice makes perfect.
- Cool & Remove the loose, papery, outer skin from the garlic.
- If using the Oven method put whole head, root-end down, in a shallow baking dish.
Roast for 1- 1/4 hours or until the garlic is soft.
- Cool until it is easy to handle. Squeeze the soft garlic out of skin.
- Variation: Mix the roasted garlic with 3 cups cooked white beans.
- Process in a blender or food processor until smooth. Add 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes for a spicier spread. Spread on toast or crackers for a delicious treat.