Fairy Butter w/ Orange Blossom Water
Serve with hot scones, pancakes, griddle cakes, toast, crumpets, tea cakes, etc.
- 4 large
- hardboiled-egg yolks
- 5 tsp
- orange-flower water
- 4 to 6 Tbsp
- sugar (preferably superfine)
- 1/2 c
- (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
NOTE: YOU CAN TRADE ROSE BLOSSOM WATER FOR ORANGE-FLOWER WATER
How to Make Fairy Butter w/ Orange Blossom Water
- 1Mash the egg yolks with the orange-flower water. Add the sugar, and mix to a smooth paste.
- 2Work in the butter until the mixture is smooth, and set aside in a cool place for 2 to 3 hours.
- 3Press the butter through a strainer into a small serving bowl. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.