- 1 oz
- bread, without any seeds or added flavorings
How to Make Soft or Dried Breadcrumbs (Never buy again)
- 1Method 1) Tear into pieces and place in blender (can use food processor). Cover and turn blender on and off repeatedly until bread crumbs are uniform.
- 2Method 2) Put bread on cutting board and use fork tines to tear off into small crumbs.
- 3Put crumbs into a plastic bag and toss to mix, then press out excess air and freeze for future use.
- 41 ounce of bread yields about 1/2 cup of lightly packed crumbs.
- 5For Dried Breadcrumbs:
- 6Preheat oven to 250 degrees Fahrenheit (120 degrees Celsius).
- 7Spread soft bread crumbs in a thin layer on a shallow baking sheet. Bake in oven till dry about 30 minutes.
- 8Cool completely. Can be used as is or for really fine crumbs place in plastic bag and crush with a rolling pin.
- 91/2 cup of lightly packed soft breadcrumbs makes about 3 tablespoons of fine dried breadcrumbs