Fresh Salsa w/ Cilantro
- 4 large
- 1 large
- 4 clove
- fresh garlic
- 1 medium
- lime (juice)
- 1 bunch
- fresh cilantro
- 2 - 4 medium
- jalapeno peppers (adjust to desired "heat")
- salt to taste
How to Make Fresh Salsa w/ Cilantro
- 1Cut the tomatoes into 2 inch chunks, removing the top stem. Place chunks in food processor.
- 2Peel onion removing both ends and chop into 2 inch chunks. Add to food processor
- 3Peel garlic. The easiest way is to lay the flat edge of a butcher knife on the garlic clove and smash it with your fist. This breaks the clove up a little and the skin slides right off. Add garlic to the food processor.
- 4Roll lime on the counter pressing down with your hand. This will break up the insides of the lime a bit and make it a little easier to get the juice out. Cut the lime in half across and squeeze all of the juice into the food processor, making sure to remove any seeds.
- 5Add a couple of dashes of salt (be sure not to add too much, you can adjust it later)and place the lid on your food processor. Use the Pulse function on your machine to bring the vegetables to the desired consistency. When they are almost the consistency you want, cut the tops off the bunch of cilantro and add to the mix. Continue pulsing until well blended and desired consistency.
- 6At this point I always give it a taste test and add salt if needed. Pour into a serving bowl and serve with your favorite corn chips. This is always a big hit at office functions, cookouts, and family get-togethers.