Easy Bean and Corn Salsa and Queso
- 2 c
- favorite tomato salsa (homemade or from a jar)
- 1 c
- black beans, rinsed and well-drained
- 1 c
- corn kernels, canned or frozen and steamed
- 4 Tbsp
- chopped fresh or frozen cilantro
- 16 oz
- velveeta queso blanco cheese product
- 2-4 Tbsp
- evaporated milk (or whole milk)
How to Make Easy Bean and Corn Salsa and Queso
- 1Drain the beans and corn very well and mix with the salsa and cilantro. Store in a quart jar in the refrigerator.
- 2To make the queso, cut up one pound of Velveeta Queso Blanco cheese product and mix with 1 to 1 1/2 cups of the above salsa. Heat over gentle heat (or microwave), stirring until cheese melts and is smooth. Serve over Tex-Mex dishes or use as a dip with tortilla chips. For a thinner sauce, add the 2-4 tablespoons milk to achieve the consistency you like.
- 3Optional variation:
Some people like their corn and bean salsa to be sweeter. You can stir in 1 tablespoon sugar and 2 tablespoons cider vinegar if this is how you like it. You can also add fresh chopped onion, minced Jalapeno peppers, or bell pepper if you wish. Taste and season with salt and pepper if desired.