Black Bean Salsa
2 can(s)black beans, canned 15oz rinsed and drained
1 can(s)corn 17oz rinsed and drained
3 largetomatoes chopped (beefsteak is great but the juicier the better)
1 largeavocado diced (2 if you like creamier)
1/2 largered onion chopped
1/4 cfresh cilantro chopped
4 Tbsplime juice
2 Tbspolive oil, extra virgin
1 Tbspred wine vinegar
1 bag(s)tortilla chips
How to Make Black Bean Salsa
- Rinse and drain the black beans and corn and place in large bowl.
- Chop/dice tomatoes. The juicier tomatoes the better. As juice comes out of tomato save the juice and put in bowl with diced tomatoes.
- When dicing avocado I usually put it in the bowl on one side so when I put in the lime juice I pour it on there. It keeps it from browning.
- Next dice onion, size really depends on you. I like mine finer so it blends in more. Others like them larger and lots of them, so you can use the whole onion, but I like half. Place in bowl.
- Chop cilantro and place in bowl. Next is all the liquids. Add lime juice, which you want to pour over the avocado if possible. Add olive oil, red wine vinegar and then salt and pepper.
- Mix well so that everything is coated together. Cover and chill in refridge for about 40 min to an hour. Then serve with tortilla chips or your favorite chips. It is best the day you make it. You can make it a day ahead but tends to turn a little soggier. I am sure many of you will add or take away what works for your family. Enjoy!!