How to Make Homemade Whipped Topping
- 1Now you will be using many bowls for this recipe before they all go together! Put 2 1/2 tsp lemon juice in metal bowl.Take a cup of water and pour this into a large deep bowl.Put water bowl in freezer.
- 2Put package of gelatin in a cereal bowl--add 1 TBSP water--also add in the 1/3 cup boiling water.Stir well--cool down.
- 3Into the lemon juice bowl add the 1/3 cup oil--1 tsp vanilla. Have the 1/3 cup of sugar sitting by in a small bowl for later.
- 4look in freezer to see that water in bowl does have ice crystals in it--take out and pour in the full 1 cup of dry milk powder.Use electric mixer and beat on high speed 5 minutes until stiff peaks appear.
- 5Continue beating while adding in the sugar then the gelatin mixture--then the oil-lemon juice-vanilla in a small stream.Put bowl back into freezer now for 10-15 minutes.
- 6This will chill and thicken while it sits.Stirring makes it creamy. Lot of steps but if you are like me,you need to know what makes things tic!