Sugar Free Rhubarb Cherry Jam
6 cupssliced rhubarb, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
4 cupssplenda granulated sugar
1-largepkg. (0.60 oz.) sugar free cherry jell-o gelatin
1 (20 oz.)can no sugar added cherry pie filling
Note:when making this jam, the pie filling l used was... walmart's great value brand, sweetened with splenda.
How to Make Sugar Free Rhubarb Cherry Jam
- In a large bowl, add the rhubarb and Splenda Granulated Sugar; stir to coat evenly.
- Cover the bowl, and place it in the refrigerator overnight.
- The next morning, place the rhubarb mixture in a large kettle.
- Cook over medium heat; stirring constantly, until mixture starts to boil, then lower the heat just a bit, and cook for about 8 minutes (stirring constantly).
- Remove kettle from heat, and add the sugar free gelatin powder, and keep stirring for 1-2 minutes, until you see the gelatin powder has dissolved completely into the rhubarb mixture.
- Add the can of pie filling, and stir thoroughly until mixed through.
- Return the kettle to the stove. Start to cook over medium heat; stirring constantly, until the mixture comes to a boil.
- Remove the kettle from the heat, and carefully ladle the jam into the sterilized glass jars.
- Cover the jars with the lids, then cool the jam to room temperature, before storing the jam in the refrigerator or freezer.