Peach Plum Jam
Variation on a Theme: While boiling fruit place a cheesecloth bag filled with 5 crushed cinnamon sticks, 5 allspice berries and 10 whole cloves to created a spiced peach plum jam for the holidays. Make sure you remove the bag before filling jars.
- 2 1/2 c
- peaches, peeled & choppped
- 1 1/2 c
- plums, finely chopped
- 3 Tbsp
- lemon juice
- 1/4 c
- ball real fruit low or no sugar pectin
- 1 1/2 c
- granulated sugar
How to Make Peach Plum Jam
- 4Add sugar. Boil hard for 1 minute stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Skim foam if necessary.
- 5Remove jars from canner and empty out water. Place jars on a folded towel.
- 7Place filled jars in canner making sure jars are covered by at least 1 to 2 inches of water. Place lid on canner. Bring to water to gentle, steady boil. Process for 10 minutes. Turn off heat and let set for an additional 5 minutes.
- 8Remove jars and place on a folded towel and let cool undisturbed for 24 hours. Check to see if lids are popped down before storing. If they aren't store in fridge.