Orange Sweet Pepper Jelly
- 6 oz cans frozen orange juice concentrate
- 2 1/2 c
- 1 c
- red and/or green bell peppers, seeded and minced
- 4 1/2 c
- 3 pkg
- powdered pectin or 4 pouches liquid pectin
- red & yellow food coloring (optional)
How to Make Orange Sweet Pepper Jelly
- 1Combine orange juice concentrate with water. If you desire a very clear jelly, strain juice through a layer of white paper towels or coffee filter. Add reserved minced peppers to strained OJ.
- 2In large sauce pan combine orange juice and powdered pectin; cook on high heat, stirring constantly, until bubbles form around edges.
- 3Add sugar, stirring well, and bring back to a full rolling boil. Cook for 1 minute stirring constantly. Remove from heat and skim foam from top. If you want a richer orange color add 2 drops of yellow to 1 drop of red food coloring. Stir and repeat until it reaches desired color.
- 5*Tip: To sterilize jars place clean jars on a baking sheet and place in a 250 degree F oven for 20 minutes. Reduce temperature to 225 degrees F to keep jars hot until ready to use.