BASIC GIBLET GRAVY
Rose Mary Mogan
The added veggies adds lots of flavor. Season according to your taste, & corn starch or flour will also thicken your gravy if Arrow Root Starch is not available.
- 1 lb
- pkg. hearts & gizzards or turkey tails or both
- neck & giblets from chicken or turkey
- 2 medium
- onions chopped
- 3 stalk(s)
- celery, chopped
- 2-3 tsp
- steak seasoning, as desired
- 1 Tbsp
- granulated garlic
- 6 c
- chicken or turkey broth, divided
- 1/3 c
- arrowroot starch or corn starch
- 11/2 c
- chopped giblets or as desired
TO MAKE THE GIBLET BROTH
MAKING THE GRAVY
How to Make BASIC GIBLET GRAVY
- 1Add hearts and gizzards & turkey tails if using, with turkey/chicken giblets to a large pot, throw in the chopped veggies, cover with water, and add spices & bring to a rolling boil. Then lower heat & cook until meat is tender.
- 5In a medium size sauce pan bring 5 cups of the broth & giblets to a rolling boil. Then using a small bowl add the reserved 1 cup broth with the 1/3 cup of Arrow Root Starch, and stir until blended together. Then pour into the boiling broth mixture, lower heat, and stir and simmer until mixture thickens as desired, taste & add additional salt & pepper if desired.
- 7NOTE: KITCHEN BOUQUET is used to enhance the colors of gravies and sauces. Comes in a Brown Bottle with a yellow cap.
I PREFER USING ARROW ROOT AS A GRAVY THICKNER INSTEAD OF CORN STARCH OR FLOUR, because it doesn't clump up when it is reheated, it stays in the liquid gravy form. But either will work fine.