Easy Fresh Mayonnaise
- egg (wash the shell before using)
- 3/4 tsp
- kosher salt or 1/2 tsp. regular salt
- 1/2 tsp
- dry mustard
- 1/8 tsp
- 2 Tbsp
- white vinegar
- 1 c
- canola oil or other vegetable oil
YOU CAN SUBSTITUTE OLIVE OIL FOR THE VEGETABLE OIL, BUT IT WILL ADD A STRONG FLAVOUR. YOU MAY ALSO SUBSTITUTE LEMON JUICE FOR THE VINEGAR BUT YOU WILL HAVE TO USE UP THE MAYONNAISE MORE QUICKLY. LEMON JUICE DOES NOT KEEP AS LONG AS VINEGAR.
I PREFER THE ORIGINAL RECIPE.
How to Make Easy Fresh Mayonnaise
- 1In a pint or quart jar put the egg, salt, mustard, paprika, vinegar and 1/4 c. of the oil.
- 2Blend with your stick blender for a couple of seconds and then start adding the rest of the oil to the jar in a very slow stream and move the stick blender up and down slowly to blend the mixture. The mixture will thicken very quickly as you blend it. It is critical that the oil be added very slowly or the mayonnaise will break and you will have an unusable mess.
- 3Store in the fridge. Will keep for a couple of weeks.