Hummus without tahini
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 can(s)15 ounce chick peas/garbanzos
2 tspfresh lemon juice
3 cloveroasted garlic,minced
2 Tbsppeanut butter
1/2 tspolive oil
1/2 tspsesame oil
·roasted red peppers (optional topping)
How to Make Hummus without tahini
- Drain beans over a bowl and reserve the juice.
- I like to take the hulls off the beans. This makes a smoother hummus, but you dont have to. Simply squeeze them by pinching them and the hulls will easily come off. If you skip this step, the hummus will not be as smooth, but the flavor will remain excellent.
- Add all ingredients except roasted red peppers to the food processor. Blend, and add the saved juices from the can in small amounts until you get the consistency you like.
- Top with finely chopped roasted red peppers if desired. I absolutely love this recipe with the roasted red peppers.
Sprinkle with paprika and serve.
Will keep in the fridge for a good week.
- Serve with your favorite crackers, pita,vegetables, you name it!