16 ozcooked peeled shrimp, diced fine
4vine ripe tomatoes, diced fine
6 Tbspred onion, finely diced
3 Tbspjalapenos, diced fine (more or less to taste)
2 Tbspminced cilantro
2limes, juice of (or more to taste)
1/2 tspkosher salt
How to Make Shrimp Salsa
- Combine diced onions, tomatoes, salt and lime juice in a non-reactive bowl and let it sit about 5 minutes.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in a large bowl, taste for salt and adjust as needed.
- Refrigerate and let the flavors combine at least an hour before serving.
- NOTE: The terms "reactive" and "nonreactive" are referring to the type of metal from which your pot or bowl is made. Aluminum, cast iron, and copper are all "reactive." Stainless steel, ceramic, glass and metal cookware with enamel coating are all "nonreactive."
- Could also add crab fresh or imitation.