Sesame Oil Roasted Red Peppers
This was the first item of business on my list.
You can swap out the oils, but do not use olive oil because of the smoking it will cause at the high heat.
How to Make Sesame Oil Roasted Red Peppers
- 1Coat peppers with sesame oil. Place on cookie sheet with your oven set to broiler (500F with heat from top).
- 2Check frequently. When black starts to appear, flip with tongs. Blacken second side.
- 3Place in ziplock bags or a plastic grocery bag tightly tied. Let sit for 20 minutes.
- 4Remove stem, peel skin, and remove seeds.
- 5Cut into desired size pieces. Place into sanitized jar, filled about 3/4 the way.
- 6Place the rest of the ingredients in a small pot. Whisk while you bring to a boil. Ladle, through a funnel, into the jars, leaving 1/2in room.