SALSA VERDE W/TOMATILLOS (SALLYE)
1 lbfresh tomatillos
1 mediumonion, red or white
1 mediumgarlic clove
1 or 2 mediumjalapeno or serrano chile
1/3 bunchfresh cilantro, leaves only
1 tspcoarse sea salt
1 dash(es)ground black pepper
1 dash(es)lime juice
How to Make SALSA VERDE W/TOMATILLOS (SALLYE)
- Peel tomatillos, wash thoroughly to remove sticky residue, and place tomatillos in food processor
- Peel and quarter onion and add to food processor
- Peel garlic clove and add to food processor
- Cut chiles in half, remove stems, membrane and seeds. Add chiles to food processor.
NOTE: If you like "heat" leave the seeds in.
- Remove stems from cilantro and add leaves only to food processor.
- Pulse food processor until ingredients at at your desired coarseness. We like ours a little chunky.
You may have to stop the processor and wipe the sides down to get everything diced.
- Transfer to serving dish; add salt, pepper and lime juice; stir to blend.
- This is better if you allow it to set in fridge covered for an hour or longer before serving. It improves with age.
Will last refrigerated for at least a week. (As if around here)