Salsa Mexicanas' - Red Taqueria Salsa
- chile guajillo peppers these are mild.
- chili de arbol tostado (if you can't buy them toasted you will have to toast them yourself) these are very hot
- large roma tomatoes char roasted on all sides use the oven for this
- of a white onion skin on, well roasted
- 4-6 clove
- garlic roast with skin on
- 1 tsp
- salt-adjust to your taste
- 2 Tbsp
- apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 c
- stems & all of cilantro (optional)
- 1/4 c
- water (to get the consistency you want)
- some lime juice (optional) i don't with vinegar
How to Make Salsa Mexicanas' - Red Taqueria Salsa
- 1Gather all your ingredients. Count out your Peppers. Put on your gloves. Take the tops off your Guajillo Peppers and rub each one to empty all the seeds out into a bowl. You should end up with about 1/8 of a cup of Guajillo Seeds. Set Aside. Then over the sink de-seed the Roasted Chili De Arbol peppers by pinching off the tips and gently squeezing them to empty the seeds out.
- 2Roast all your chili's on the stove in a skillet until they start to get roasted marks. Don't burn them it will make the sauce bitter. Put them into a boiling pan of water and boil for 5 minutes *with the lid on, so you don't burn your eyes* and then let them soak another 5 to 10 min. *Note Wear Gloves when handling the chili's and washing the pans. Several hours later and after dishes my hands were burning and I only used 2 of the hot ones.*
- 3Meanwhile place the tomatoes whole on a baking sheet, middle rack, on broil, with the garlic cloves, & onion, roasting and turning them until they get a good black char on them. Then Remove the skin from all the items and core the tomato.
Put all the items in the blender except the garlic. You will need to smash the garlic in a bowl with the salt and make a paste and then add it to the blender.
- 5Taste your warm salsa and make adjustments. When you are sure your done blending in the blender add the seeds and refrigerate. *Note your salsa is going to taste a lot better when it sits for a while in the fridge and gets cold. All the flavors need time to marinate together. Mine did and what a difference that made. Yum!
- 8This jar is from the second batch I made and this time I used 4 Chili De Arbol and used the juice from the boiled water I boiled the chili's in. It came out spicey hot and just hot enough that I won't eat it all up like I did the first time when I used 2 chili de arbol & it was mild.
After if marinates a day in the fridge I will freeze it.