MEXICAN MEATLOAF (DIABETIC-FRIENDLY)
**You know you are choosing lean meats when they end in "loin" or "round."
NUTRIENTS PER SERVING:
Calories from Fat: 29%
Total Fat: 5g
Saturated Fat: 2g
Total Net Carbs: 9g
2 1/2 Lean Meat
***Delicious Diabetic Recipes by: Holly Clegg***
- 1/2 c
- old-fashioned oatmeal
- 1 1/4 c
- salsa, divided
- 1 1/2 lb
- ground sirloin
- 1 medium
- onion, finely chopped
- 1 large
- egg white
- 1 pkg
- (1.25-ounce) package reduced-sodium taco seasoning mix
- 1 can(s)
- (4-oz.) can green chilies, chopped
- 1/3 c
- reduced-fat shredded mexican blend cheese, optional
How to Make MEXICAN MEATLOAF (DIABETIC-FRIENDLY)
- 1PREHEAT: Oven to 350 degrees F.
COAT: 9x5x3-inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- 2IN: Large mixing bowl, combine oatmeal and 1 cup salsa.
Let sit 5 minutes.
ADD: Meat, onion, egg white, taco seasoning mix, and green chilies, mixing well.
- 3TRANSFER: Meat mixture into prepared pan.
BAKE: One hour or until meat is done.
SPOON: Remaining 1/4 cup salsa and cheese, if desired, over top, and continue baking 5 minutes longer.
LET: Stand at least 5 minutes before cutting.